Friday, April 26, 2013

Does your name have any anecdote behind it?

I happened to find the blog background theme 'forget me not'.   The name of the flower has the same Chinese Character of my first name  Happy being able to make 'about me page' out of it.

The Chinese character "都・miyako" means "capital city" in English, my father once told me that he named me wishing my prosperous, flourishing future. Does your name (first, second whichever) have any lovely story or meaning behind it?  If you kindly share your little anecdote with me, I will be so happy and appreciated.  As I loved "Carpenters", I remember my fresh surprise finding "carpenter" means one of the occupations when young p;)  And I wish to reply for your comments here.  My struggle with comment form trying to have 'reply' haven't worked before(^^;) 
I'll reply you writing your name like "To, ~~~".
  
Here is the story about the flower, I'm pasting from Nov. 2011 post below, so please skip reading my dear old friends♡♡♡  
Flower Pictures, Scraps, Images and Comments

クリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きます

My name is "Miyako Yamada" in Western order.  And in Japanese style, it is written in opposite order like 山田 都; "山田family name. 都 given name).  My family name comes first and my given name is "Miyako".   The name of "forget me not" is called "都忘れ, miyakowasure".
The origin of the English name of the flower was that they are supposed to ensure those wearing it should never be forgotten by the people who love them.
            Haha, my bloggie friends "Please forget me not"
I will try to be the person who has true love in my heart for others as well.

*This is Japanese version of the origin of the name*
According to the PC-site, it is connected with an old story that Juntoku retired Emperor (13th century) who had been exiled to Sado-Island called a white chrysanthemum blooming in surrounding field "Miyakowasure 都忘れ" (meaning that the flower is quite beautiful so that he could forget about the capital or city he roled) and loved the flower.  I've been confused with the English name (forget me not) and the Japanese name (forgeting miyako, capital city) was the one reason to check it; 
Quite opposite, aren't they?  Now I'm happy to be able to figure out the puzzle, haha.    (Posted in Etymology link-page)

Visiting you soon, friends and Wishing you all are going to have a wonderful coming weekend with all of your family♡♡♡

No comments: